Tuesday, September 4, 2012

9/4 It's Not Back To School For Me!!


So it's crazy that it's already time for school again. Summers are really short here! They're only about 2 months. It seems like they just got off of school, now they're heading back. Poor kids. So count you blessings. I've also discovered that it usually snows and starts sticking before Halloween....yeah.
 
This week went by crazy fast. I'm really trying to think about what was this week and what wasn't. If that makes any sense at all. It's all a blur. At the start of this week, we went to Moose Jaw for district meeting. It was really great. First and only time this transfer that our whole district will be together for district meeting. Yeah, middle of nowhere district! We went on exchanges afterwards, and I ate a deep fried banana at lunch...my arteries are changed forever. I was with our district leader Elder Kuhre while on exchanges. He's only been out a transfer more than me. He came out with Elder Call, so it was a ton of fun! I really learned a lot.
 
On the way back into Weyburn, we traded ties with Nathan in McTaggart. He's moving to Saskatoon for university. It was great. Nathan is a super strong member and an even better missionary. It's been fun spending time with him.
 
On Thursday, we met with a man named Hedly. He has really been through the ringer! He's really had a tough time. He's even met with missionaries before, but he decided to meet with us again cause he just wants answers. We'll be meeting with him again soon, so it's going to be great seeing the hope start to come into his and his family's lives. 
 
On Sunday, there was a move-in into our branch. As you can imagine, that is a very exciting occurrence! His name is Spencer, and he is an RM. He served in Colorado, and even served close to the Hansen's. He is actually only up because it is his off track at BYU-I. He will be working to save up some money He's a super funny guy, and he actually spent most of the day with us on Sunday. He did mostly less-active work on his mission, so he was helping us contact some members. It was fun being able to talk about Idaho with someone. Ha ha...he asked me what the name of the city just outside of Pocatello was.."you know the one that starts with a 'C'?" I couldn't remember! Then it hit me...Chubbuck! Elder French just started laughing. "How'd you forget a name like that?" It was fun.
 
In other news, we found George.. sort of. He dropped off the face of the earth for a while. Turns out he moved out of the home he was at, so it makes sense that he was never home. But we tried calling his new number, and we haven't gotten a hold of him yet. But soon he will be completely found!...again.
 
This week looks pretty good. Except that transfer calls are this week. Hopefully there won't be any crazy changes. I really like Weyburn.
 
Well, I sure love you all and appreciate all that you do for me! I sent off some letters yesterday. It should be about a week and a half. If it comes sooner let me know... cause I put this airmail sticker on it. Apparently that makes it go faster...we'll see. Get well soon, and have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment