Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Transfers!

Alright this week was insane! First off it was Pres. Thomas's first transfer calls. I'm actually getting transferred to Weyburn. I will be with Elder French. Weyburn was just reopened this transfer, so it should be interesting. I was completely surprised that I'm getting transferred, but it should be great. I get to live in a trailer!

Okay, what happened this week? All start with the temple on Wednesday. It was a really good trip. We had all 10 of the missionaries, or 11 actually, there in the session. Pretty much the whole attendance was missionaries! The ward members there were really impressed by how many missionaries there were at the temple. Oh, man! I had pictures of us outside the temple, but I forgot my camera. Oh, well.

On Thursday and Friday we helped Sis Lappa in our ward paint her fence. It was a ton of fun cause we don't really get too many opportunities for service. By the way, I'm still as awful at painting as I was when we painted Bishop's ceiling. Luckily, I didn't make as big of a mess. So we didn't finish on Thursday cause we had another appointment with Carol. The appointment went really well. We finished the Plan of Salvation, and talked about baptism. It was really neat because our fellowship, Bro Mason, is a convert and he works at the temple, so he was able to answer her questions. She said that she had already been baptized...twice. Bro Mason just said, "Me, too!" We were then able to talk about priesthood authority. At the end of the lesson she just said, "I know that you people are good cause you've answered all of my questions. Before I had doubts about you, but now I can have you sit at my table and I have no doubts." It was incredible. We've really seen hope come into her life. When we first met her she was really at the end of her rope. The only thing is that was my last lesson with her. It is a little frustrating that we get an investigator like Carol, and then I have to leave! But I know there's more people out there like her, so it's OK.

On Saturday, we went to the Svenson's for dinner. Their family is so funny. They have 5 kids under 7 or 8 years old. The youngest daughter, Hezia, came out and ran up to us when we pulled in. I told her I liked her dress. I didn't think she heard me cause she bee-lined it back to the house, but at dinner she just says, "Mommy, HE likes my dress." I think she is 3. She's adorable. During dinner she also randomly says, "Mommy, I don't even know what his sisters' names are." She's just a doll. She and her older sister Hannah told us that their little brother likes balls and what sounded like "boards". Elder Call and I were like, "what?" And they repeated, "boards". "What?" They just kept saying it with their eyes getting bigger and they were just laughing at us. Finally, Sis Svenson said, "birds." "Oh!" So funny. Oh, Sis Svenson knows Bro Hill in Pocatello. They grew up in the same town in Alberta. Small world.

Let's see, Sunday was pretty good. We ate at the Noblet's. They're from France, so they were really excited to talk about France when I asked. I think they talked about cheese for at least 20 minutes. Pres Noblet is the stake president. They are a great family as well.

Well, today I will be saying a few goodbyes cause I leave for Weyburn tomorrow afternoon. I will be saying goodbye to Kerry this evening. And Elder Call and I are getting companionship unity ties! wooo! I don't think I was supposed to email about anything else....Oh! we met with Cole again. He was an investigator we found. We set a return appointment with him, but it's tomorrow evening. He really just wants to know that God is there. It's been neat to teach him the little I have. Should be an interesting week. I sure love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder C. Lyons


No comments:

Post a Comment