Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Zone Conference

So on Tuesday, we had surprise exchanges with our district leader, Elder Ronald. Elder Ronald and I were tracting, and he asked me how often I made phone calls. Apparently not enough cause we stopped tracting to make some. We didn't set up any appointments, so we continued tracting. We tracted into a Filipino lady. She answered, and I started the approach. She was acting almost like she didn't understand us, but then another guy walked up to the door. They started whispering to each other, and then she turned to us, "Come in." Elder Ronald and I didn't hesitate at all we were so stoked. I guess the guy, Aly, met missionaries in the Philippines. His cousin, Irma, actually lives in the house, and I guess it was a miracle we got them both there at the same time cause they are both super busy! They were very receptive, and we set an appointment with them for tomorrow!

On Wednesday, we traveled to Saskatoon for zone conference. Zone conference was on Thursday morning. It was incredible! President and Sister Thomas are amazing! We had a testimony meeting at the end, it was incredible to hear all the testimonies of the missionaries in our zone. It was a great experience. I'll write about it in a letter.

We traveled with the zone leaders. Elder McDaniel told me to give him a fiber one bar, so I did. I asked Elder Perkins if he wanted one, and he said he did. A while later when he took a bite, he pointed at it and said, "huh, bird seed?!" He started laughing uncontrollably. He was like, "this is bird food, man. Come on." When he had about one bite left, he was like, "this is actually pretty good." So funny.

I think that for sure the highlight of the week was our lesson with Carol on Friday. She doesn't have a phone, so we have to drop by to set up appointments. She said she was available at 5 and it was about 2. So we had to scramble to get fellowship, and we didn't really have a lesson plan. But we found fellowship 10 minutes before 5, so we were in the clear. We were going to teach the Restoration, but we started teaching and plans changed. We started teaching about the plan of salvation. It was a brief lesson, but maybe the most spiritual lesson I've ever been in. Every time Elder Call would begin to introduce a scripture, I was already turning to it. Without any communication from him. We both knew what scripture to share. It was amazing!

I think that's good for email. I can't really think of anything else. It was really a great week. Definitely built me up a whole lot! I love you all and hope that you have a great week (some of you a great week in France!)

Love,
Elder C. Lyons


No comments:

Post a Comment