Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Long Week

Chris modeling his new suit

Chris in his apartment in his new suit
So this week was also pretty long. We had a lot of lessons fall through which was really disappointing. Kinda at the peak of the poop, when a lesson on Saturday fell through, Elder Call and I were sitting in the truck wondering what on earth we were doing wrong. We talked for quite a while with little progress and not too many ideas. Then, the Zone Leaders called us and asked us what we were doing. We told them what was going on, and they told us to keep our heads up and keep trying. From the truck, I could see this family playing baseball at the park. I really had to go out of my way, but I told Elder Call, "Let's go talk to them." We walked over and started talking to them. We had a good conversation and got their phone number. I really hope we get to teach them. I haven't taught a family since I taught the Thomas's in Prince Albert.

Sunday, we planned to have a couple more lessons, but at the start, they were already falling through. It looked like we weren't going to hit our goals again. But then we tracted into another member and got invited in to teach. We keep finding less-active members it's ridiculous. We actually stopped by one we found last transfer, and it turns out her son is not a member. We talked to him for a minute, and we will be calling him to set up a time to meet. He had forgotten his mom was a member. As we were walking away he said, "Oh, yeah. My mom did grow up Mormon."

I got to go on exchanges with Elder Perkins on Thursday. He's a zone leader. And he's 6'2" 300 lbs. Yeah he's huge. So street contacting with him was fun! I think everyone he looks at becomes a potential! But we were trying to get into the Kramer building where the YSA ward meets, and we could get in; however we could not figure out how to keep the door unlocked. So Elder Perkins is on the outside trying to test it, and I would let him in when it didn't work. Finally he's all, "huh, maybe you got to be smarter than the door, eh? And I'm not." Then he just looks at me, hands me the keys, pulls me with one arm out the door, "Your turn." And shuts the door. Clearly, it was my turn. I couldn't do it either, but we got it figured out. I guess we were turning it the wrong way. But it was fun to teach the YSA investigators. Most of them are Chinese. It was a good experience.

I'm really trying to remember all that happened this week. I can't really think of anything else. Basically this week is going to fly by because we'll be in Saskatoon for 2 days for Zone Conference. I'm really excited for Zone Conference. I think it will be great. Hopefully, I don't have to talk like last zone conference. I'm pretty content with listening to people who know what they're doing.

I hope everyone has a great week. I love you!

Love,
Elder C. Lyons


No comments:

Post a Comment