Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Meagan! You're old, that's pretty weird.

So this week has been kinda crazy. We're in the process of rebuilding our teaching pool because, well...Kerry's baptized, so she's no longer an investigator. (She was pretty much our only progressing investigator). Which means we've been doing a whole lot of tracting! We have also been walking all over the place cause we were out of k's. Yeah, I've been pretty much exhausted! On Thursday, we walked all the way across town, and I was pretty much sick and tired of moving! Elder Call had the bright idea to stop by a potential that was another 2 or 3 blocks away. I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled about the idea, but we're a companionship. So I went with it. Carol had never been home when we came by, but she was actually there! And she asked us to come back later that day! We brought a recent convert with us named Frank. It was the best 1st lesson I've ever had! She said that she'd give up everything to know and follow the truth! And Frank was amazing at answering her questions! Oh, by the way, he's only been a member for 6 months, and he's the ward executive secretary! He's the best!

Friday we had exchanges with Moose Jaw. We found a few new investigators and set up some appointments for this week. It was really a great day because it's been a LONG time since we've even found any potential investigators. So Elder Call and I are pretty excited about our week.

Haha...we were walking on Saturday and we got stopped by a drunk guy. He was hammered! Completely gone! He rapped to us and everything! It's funny, but I really feel for the guy. It reminded me of Prince Albert. That kinda stuff went down basically every day. So that was a good reminder :)

Yesterday was Canada Day. And it's nothing like the 4th. I thought there would be all sorts of crazy stuff happening, but there wasn't...it was just sorta dead when we were tracting. Either the party was some where else, or they don't have one. We did sing 'O Canada' and 'God save the Queen' in sacrament meeting, though. Don't worry I got the whole 1st verse of 'O Canada' memorized. Sis Paulson had us memorize it. I think we know it better than some of the Canadians! However, I guess Albertan people have a tradition of making rhubarb cake which sounds disgusting, but it's so good! We had some yesterday, it was amazing!

It was pretty funny, during some lady's testimony she said that she had a tough time in the past, that she was in a rough state. The guy sitting next to me leans over and whispers, "must've been Idaho." I was laughing so hard! He was like that the entire time. He leaned over and said, "if the gospel was really true they'd have comfy couches for old, fat people to sit on." I told him it was only good if I qualified. I'm fat, right?

Oh speaking of being fat, Elder Call and I are starting to go running. We gotta work off all the ice cream sandwiches and baptism blizzards we're going to have! Anyways, that's all I got. Have a great week. I love you!

Love,
Elder C. Lyons


No comments:

Post a Comment