Monday, July 16, 2012

Rough Week

So this week was pretty rough. On Friday, we only had one lesson. We had some lessons fall through, and we just couldn't find anyone to teach! So what that means is that we had full days of tracting. Which wasn't really bad. I feel like I've gotten better at finding. The only thing is we were just running into people who aren't interested. We went on exchanges with the ap's on Friday, and Elder Galbriath and I taught a lesson. But we still didn't even really find any potential investigators. The lesson we taught was crazy, though! The man was Muslim and from Pakistan. He had such a thick accent, it was extremely difficult to understand him! His name is Aziz. Maybe we'll see more of him, I don't really know. It's hard to say when you only catch about half of what the man said.

The reason the ap's were up in Regina is cause we got to meet Pres and Sis Thomas on Saturday. It was really great! They are really great people. They're both originally from Aberdeen, but they have been living in Alaska. I really like them! At the end of the meeting Pres Thomas said, "go baptize some people!" It was pretty great. I get to see them next week at zone conference, so that will be fun.

And...guess who's ward Pres and Sis Thomas chose to go to. Ours of course. And guess who had been asked Sat afternoon to give a talk. Me of course. So I got to give a talk with Pres and Sis Thomas there and the assistants and almost the zone leaders (but they didn't make it). Yeah, so that was kinda fun. Pres and Sis Thomas said it was good, so I guess it wasn't completely miserable.

It was kinda fun, we were eating at the Waugh's yesterday, and they were still getting dinner ready. I asked if I could help, and the next thing I know I'm grilling burgers! Usually when we ask people just say no. But I think Sis Waugh appreciated it cause she's pregnant, and Bro Waugh was working on a crib or something.

I know this is big news for our family: We played Frisbee today for p-day activity! It was a lot of fun! My team destroyed! I think that everyone thought since I was awful at all the other sports we played that I would be awful at ultimate. But guess what, I've pretty much got my masters in ultimate I've played it so much! No just kidding. I'm just miserable at basketball and stuff, so it was nice to play something that I kinda know how to play.

I can't really think of much else to write, so I hope everyone has a great week. Have fun at girls camp!

Love,
Elder C. Lyons


No comments:

Post a Comment