Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crank it up a Notch!

It seems like this week sped right on by twice as fast as last week! It was a crazy week up here. At the start of the week, we went out to Moose Jaw for exchanges. It was a good time. I got to see some of the elders that were in my district a few transfers ago. It was a good time. I was with the district leader for the day. He's into creative finding, so it was good to see what he did. I'm sort of a simple man, so I'm partial to tracting and street contacting mostly. But what he did was good, and I can see it producing great results. Plus I just like Moose Jaw. It's a great town. With a name like Moose Jaw it's gotta be great!
After we got back, I was pretty exhausted. This week was a little slow as far as lessons go. Our investigators were busy for one reason or another. Ha ha, but I do have a pretty funny story, though. There's this Filipino family that has 2 kids that will be baptized this Saturday. There names are Ruby and Rachel. They have a son named Ryan, but he's not ready to be baptized. So we've been trying to meet with him. We stopped by to talk with him...and he was gone. But we were talking with the mom, Lolita and her 2 girls. They asked where Elder Wilson was from. He told them he was from St. George, and that it was basically a desert. Then Rachel just looked at him and said, "Wait you're from a desert? Than why are you white?" Ha ha, kids are the best.
We were able to teach a family that lives out of town though. That was super neat. They are from Kenya, and they are friends with a family in our ward. So they expressed some interest. It was great, they asked a ton of good questions. And they have 3 of the cutest most well behaved kids over. It was great to teach them, AND.. they want to learn more. So we'll be teaching them again soon. Their names are Ayan and Malak.
We decided to do a temple grounds tour on Sat. I can't remember if I told you this already or not. Anyways, we had quite a few people just walk up just because they saw the sign. It was incredible to see the interest that there is in the temple. I would predict that it's going to help us out tons with missionary work. It was exciting!
This week was also stake conference. It was really good. We had a general authority come and speak. He spoke all about missionary work. It was great. And I got to see some families from old areas. Including the Regnier's from Weyburn. It made my month! I was so excited to see them. We talked for a while. It was the best.
That's about all I've got, I'm afraid. But I sure love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment