Monday, May 21, 2012

Greenie Power! 5/21/12

So it sounds like Jason's had a pretty crazy week. When did he end up in the hospital? He's supposed to be released today? I would like to be kept up on whether or not he decided to have more tests done. Poor guy.

This week has been really crazy. The Wascana area doesn't have very many steady investigators, at least not as many as Prince Albert. We matched the largest number of lessons Elder Call has ever seen in the area this week. Mostly cause we're working like crazy. It's the second lowest total lessons I've had in a week, but this is also the hardest I've ever worked just to have lessons. So basically what I'm getting at is we've done an insane amount of tracting! And it's been pretty hot. I don't do well in the heat. So that combined with both of us being new equals crazy tracting experiences!

I think probably the funniest was on Thursday. We had been tracting for about two and a half hours straight. Also, we had tracted for 2 hours in the morning. That's a lot of tracting! So it was about 80 or 90 degrees, and I was dehydrated! A bunch of people were saying no. The nicest person we talked to was a 94 year old lady, but bless her heart, I doubt she completely knew what was going on. So this combined with a bunch of other stuff is the preface to this door contact. I walked up to the door and knocked, and I nice looking old man answered. He asked, "You Mormons?" He seemed pretty friendly, so I smiled and answered, "Yep, we are!" "So why don't you go back to Utah then?!" he snapped. Without even thinking I said, "Actually, I'm from Idaho." He didn't really know what to say to that. So the conversation ended somehow (I can't really remember how), and we left. Elder Call was really trying hard not to laugh, but basically we both lost it afterwards.

Friday and Saturday we really started to see some blessings come. After spending most of our time this week tracting, we are starting to see the potentials come. It's crazy how that works. After we give it everything we've got, to the point we're about to lose it, that's when Heavenly Father begins to bless us. And, on top of that, I'm not really afraid to tract anymore! Elder Call and I are actually starting to really enjoy it!

So a little about Elder Call. He is the oldest in his family with 2 little sisters and 2 little brothers and 1 on the way. He is from West Haven, Utah (just outside of Ogden). Basically, combine Ben Moore and Alan Bloxham and you get Elder Call. I didn't think that it was possible, but that's the best way to describe him. We get along great! We both can joke around and stuff. Which is great cause there's sort of a lot of pressure on us. He's pretty funny and also a great missionary. He's incredibly diligent and always wants to do what's right. It's fantastic serving with him.

A little about Regina. I've had so many meal appointments. It's ridiculous. I'm gonna get huge! Anyways, Wascana is a bigger ward than Prince Albert, so I don't think I'll get to know the ward as well. Unless I'm here for a while. This seems like it's a really well off area. Like we got taken out to dinner by this couple who the guy works as a radiologist. I don't know. It's crazy. Basically, I look around at church and nearly everyone has an iPad or smart phones and stuff. Regina is the second largest city in Saskatchewan, but it's still a pretty small town. We don't really tract in the "rich area" but the "not rich area" is basically like the rich areas of Prince Albert, but you don't know what that means....oh well.

I'm running out of things to write. Oh! We do have 1 baptismal date named Kerry. We had a great lesson with her yesterday. Her baptism is scheduled for the 16th of June, and we think she'll make it. Yeah....I hope all is well at home. I love you all!

Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment