Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

This week has been pretty intense. We started off pretty busy on Monday evening. We had a lesson with Kerry. It was sort of to help her be prepared for her baptismal interview. We really focused on the Book of Mormon and why it is important. It was a really solid lesson. I was struggling trying to find out what to share, but we eventually got there. So now we have no doubt that she is ready for her baptism! Plus she passed her interview with flying colors! Elder Duford said she was one of the best investigators he's ever interviewed!

We actually had some of my first service opportunities this weekend. On Friday, we got to help out at the Relay for Life. I was so excited! I had no idea that was what the service was going to be. We were just told by Pres. Walton to go to this park. Turns out it was this amazing track, and there were loads of people helping out. It was the best! We got free shirts and sunglasses. It was neat, for most of the time I was directing people to the survivors registration. I was really great to see all the people who had overcome cancer. Then, we also got to help set up the memorials for all the victims. It was great. Definitely one of the highlights of last week!

We helped for a little bit on Saturday morning taking stuff down at the Relay for Life. And then we helped Bro Schroeder set up his pool. (He's Kerry's boyfriend.) It was pretty funny, Elder Call and I were trying to set up the filter, and Elder Call was trying to screw it on. But it wouldn't catch. He was starting to get frustrated, so of course I started to tease him! He just looks at me, "Yeah, then why don't you do it yourself there, Heman!" It was hilarious. Basically, that's how that whole service opportunity went. It was fantastic.

We tracted a whole bunch this week and found some pretty good potentials. I'm pretty excited cause I called this headquarters referral named Olakunle. Yeah, he's African, and basically I can't wait to teach him tomorrow! He just really, really wants to learn more about Jesus Christ. It was great cause that's what I'm here to teach people about! We'll see how that goes.

We have a pretty busy week planned with a lot of lessons. It will be the last full week of this transfer. Sorta crazy. I have no idea where this transfer has gone! Anyways, I should find out on Thursday or Friday what will be the plan for next transfer.

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder C. Lyons

 

No comments:

Post a Comment