Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Canada Winters! BRRRRR

So it's been pretty cold and snowy already. There's also been some insane freezing rain. I forget to bring my camera, so no pictures. But we had to take off about a 1/4 in of ice off of our car!

ha ha...I think Greg is about 6'6" or 6'8". We actually had a lesson with him and the Regnier's. He told me to sit by him, so I did. Sis Regnier kept looking at me and laughing. I couldn't figure out why. Afterwards she told us she wished she had her camera cause I just looked so small. We took a picture next time we met with Greg. Pretty great.

This week was really intense. Laurie and Shane were committed to coming to church and so were their kids. But some family problems came up last minute. Hedley and Brandy were going to try to make it, but they didn't come. Hedley really wanted to, but his back is shot. He's had like a smashed vertebrate for maybe 3 or 4 months. And he's been working construction. Lately, he's been working 2 jobs! Yeah...our investigators have crazy lives. But through everything that happens, they still want to meet with us! It's amazing! They're all just searching for the truth. It's great to be a part of!

I'm actually in Regina right now. The zone leaders asked us to come in last night for our meeting tonight. They said I might have a package that they picked up from Winnipeg on Wed. I'm sorry I haven't picked it up yet, so I don't know who's it is. But thanks!

Oh yeah, Halloween was last week. Ha ha...that was fun. We didn't go out after 5, but I guess some kids start coming out at about 4. We didn't see any, so we kept going until 5. This one guy said we had nice costumes, haha. Super nice guy. He said we could come back, and he gave us candy! This old lady who wasn't interested at all also gave us candy. She answers, looks at us, "I'm not interested, but I am going to give you some candy." I took 1 and she looks at me, "and take more than one!" Weyburn's so great!

We had probably the most spiritual lesson we've ever had with Hedley and Brandy this week. Hedley was done cause of his back. But Brandy was great. We watched the Restoration with them. She's becoming more and more sincere as we've continued to meet with them. It's really great to see the both of doing all they can to learn the truth.

Because I'm in Regina, I got to go to P-day activity again. It was so much fun! But I'm exhausted! I am not used to this kind of physical activity. We played basketball and indoor Frisbee. Yeah, my team lost at basketball, but we won at Frisbee! I made sure to pick all the runners and such for my team. Yeah!

It sounds like life is just as crazy back home. Try to keep sane. Good luck in b-ball, tap, choir...if I missed anything I apologize. Meagan, 2 words: dump him! Ha ha...yeah... Whatever, just take it easy. Love you all!
Elder Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment