Monday, May 6, 2013

Bust out the short sleeved shirts!


So first off, those pictures are great! You all have changed so much.... It's sorta weird actually. But I sure love ya all!
 
OK, secondly, I'm not sure what time that we'll be able to skype. I have a rough estimate. I think at the earliest it would be around 3:30PM your time. Which makes it a little rough for church, I know. But if you miss me, I will leave a message with our skype address so you can accept my call after my companion takes his turn. I don't have that address right now, but I'm pretty sure you're not going to be having a ton of people skyping you, so we'll get it figured out. So the time frame will be around 3:30-4:30 your time.
 
This week was really fun. We had our first ESL class in downtown on Wednesday. It was really great. On our first class, we already had 3 people. It's been pretty crazy getting a bunch of phone calls from people who don't speak the greatest English. But I think we've been able to work it out for the most part. It looks like we'll have a lot of Indian, Chinese, or even Korean and Filipino students. Super fun. I love teaching English.
 
We had a good week working with less-active members. Meeting with less-active members is possibly my favorite thing about a mission. We have quite a few to work with. We just starting meeting with a less-active lady named, Colleen. She has a great testimony. I can't wait to see her start to take steps to coming back to church.
 
A really neat experience we had this week happened on Friday when we decided that we wanted to try tracting for a little bit. We pulled up to the street, and we saw a woman working in her lawn. We offered to help, and she declined. I could tell she wanted help, so I just started helping. We helped for about an hour, and we just talked. She's super nice, and she told us that we could come back any time. Just a reassuring experience to know that we are led by the Spirit to people who are prepared.
 
That's about all that I can think of. I'll talk with you all Sunday! Love ya!
 
Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment