Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring???

Pictures at the Royal Canadian Mint!

The Royal Canadian Mint

So this week was a little slow at the start. We did some spring cleaning in the apartment (much needed), but it was not that much fun to do while being sick! I still felt pretty terrible on last Monday, but I was on the mend and pretty much recovered by Wednesday. I was a little tired on Thursday, but I feel that since that time I'm back to myself. So there's the update. Yes I did buy some medicine at the pharmacy. I would have used my allotment card, but I lost it a few weeks ago. So long story short, I finally got the replacement card last Monday, but it only worked once. I called and asked if I had any money. I had plenty, but the card had been reported as lost/stolen...again. So I am again without a card for another 2 weeks. And, needless to say, with just E. Burnett's card....we were low on money. But we've received some extra money, so we should be good for the next few weeks. Just a mess though.
On Wednesday, we ate supper with a member family, the Smith's. They have 2 little girls and one little boy. Abby is 5, Natalie is 3 or 4, and Jared is 18 months. And they are adorable! Natalie was sitting next to me, and she would just look at me with her big blue eyes. Oh, man! If I have daughters that cute, they will have everything they want! There's no way I could say no to that face! Anyways, sometime during supper, Natalie scampered off. Apparently she had gone to the washroom cause we just hear this faint yell, "Dad?"......
"What, honey?"...."Will you wipe my butt?"
"you can do that on your own, honey"...."But I want you to do it."
"What if I don't want to do it?"......"Mom?!"
It was super funny because I've gotten into the habit lately of teasing E. Burnett any time he's in the washroom: Mommy, will you wipe my butt? And it was even more funny cause who did I get that from? Nobody but our very own Natalie. All sorts of back stories there. So I was dying. Hopefully Bro and Sis Smith were not embarrassed. They didn't seem to be. But seriously, their kids are the best.
Most of this week we've been advertising for an English class we're starting tomorrow in downtown. We actually just got a call this morning from someone who's interested in coming. So all of our flier placing and inviting is paying off! Oh, which is some of the money I spent. It was for packing tape. Some, well, most of the pharmacies here are combined with post offices. But it was fun walking around and talking with everyone in downtown. It was super warm! It even got up to the...60's I believe. If my conversion is accurate.
Zone Conference was fantastic yesterday! Elder Foster is a really nice guy. Of course, cause he's from Idaho! But it was a very instructive conference. It was mostly about working with members. He provides some very timely advice and counsel. We are already putting it to practice. We'll see how it works!
Also, something that you may be interested to know, we ate supper at another member's home yesterday: the Crowton's. Brother Gary Crowton is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' offensive coordinator. Bro and Sis Crowton are very, very nice people. Bro Crowton served his mission in Korea. I even got to eat with chopsticks again. I have to say, I'm starting to get alright with chopsticks! He sorta intimidates me though. At one point during the conversation, he got very animated and slammed his fist into his palm. The whole table shook! And I was starting to wish I had some brown slacks ;) Very good members, though. It will be exciting to get to know them more.
I can't really think of anything else. I love ya! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment