Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rollercoaster! April 15,2013


This week has been another crazy one. Last Monday Elder Burnett sprained his ankle pretty good. I didn't think it was going to be that bad, but then he showed me....yeah, it was pretty gross. I've got some pictures :) The poor guy landed wrong when we were playing basketball. So he's been pretty sore for the last few days.
In the last few weeks, we've really been focusing on contacting and meeting with as many less-active members as we can. We've had quite a few positive experiences, and we've met several families who are interested in meeting with us. We met with one man from Chile this week. His name is Bro Ruiz. He's a pretty funny older guy. He's got a very thick accent, so it's hard to understand him at times. I look forward to meeting with him in the future. We met a few others this week, and hopefully we can help them take the steps to coming back to church.
We had a good appointment with Shengtuo and Amy. They're both way too smart, so their questions are difficult to answer at times. If there wasn't a bit of a language barrier, I'm pretty sure it would just be ridiculous to teach them. They are super nice, so hopefully we can help them strengthen their understanding of the Restoration.
Our English class was really fun this week. A Chinese family came. They had the cutest little boy. He was shy, so he'd just stare at you. We would move around, and he would just follow us with his eyes. I'm pretty sure he was just thinking, 'crazy white people.' It was pretty funny.
I got to give a talk on Sunday about missionary work. It was pretty interesting. I've given a talk in every area I've served in. I just can't get away from it for some reason. It was a good opportunity for me to learn. I was feeling to well on Sunday, though....I seem to be doing a bit better today, though. Also on Sunday, this guy just walked into church. His name is Vincent. It was pretty incredible, one of the assistants and I both talked about how people are prepared to receive the gospel, and in walks a total stranger to everyone. Pretty neat. He stayed for all 3 blocks, too.
I'm pretty sure that's about all that I've got for this week. I sure love you all! Have a great week!
Spring in Canada!

Fried Rolo's

Elder Burnett's ankle

No comments:

Post a Comment