Monday, July 29, 2013

Silver Linings

To be honest, this was one of the most challenging weeks of my mission. Elder Kuhre and I ended up getting pretty sick early last week. We weren't sleeping well, and we were just completely wiped! And to top it off, we had several of our appointments fall through this week. I feel like I've become an optimist over the course of my mission, so I've been trying very hard to keep my head up....It's just been extremely difficult.
But I would like to share a few of the silver linings of this week. We have several young missionaries in this zone, and as zone leaders we have the privilege of going on exchanges with many of them. This week, I got to go on exchanges with Elder Leishman. He is from Calgary. And he reminds me a lot of myself at the start of my mission. He's very quite, and it's intimidating for him to talk with people. So, we talked a lot during our exchange. He is so pure! He has nothing but a pure desire to do what's right! During comp studies, we were practicing, and he taught like a pro! It was amazing. He just about brought tears to my eyes! And I've been at this a while! It was great to talk with him and serve with him for a day.
Another sort of crazy thing happened this week. A less active member named, Robert, and his family moved into our area. I don't know if any of you remember Rob from PA, but it's the same Rob. It was so crazy when we walked though the door to teach him. He saw me and was all, "what the? you're here?" He is just full of desire as ever. He asked us to teach him about repentance, so he can stop doing stupid things! His family wants to get more involved as well. Yet another second chance for me on my mission. Very grateful for it, too :)
Other than that, I had the most amazing Mexican food I've ever had! The Martinez family (bet ya can't guess where they're from) cooked us some amazing taco things. So good! We ate them with guacamole and salsa that was to die for! It had been ages since I had eaten decent Mexican food. There were tears.
Other than that we've just been dealing with stress the best that we can. Hopefully we can make this week better than the last! Love ya all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder C. Lyons
Here is my address before I forget. People have been asking for it: 205- 103 Reindeer Rd
                                                                                                          Saskatoon, Sk S7K 4W8

No comments:

Post a Comment