Monday, October 22, 2012

Transfers


I can't remember if I wrote about transfer calls being last week or not. Anyways, transfer calls came on Thursday evening. Elder French and I will both be staying! We were both surprised and excited. It's the first time that I will stay with a companion and in an area for more than 3 months. It's really nice cause at about 3 months I really start to love an area. And I won't have to leave it this time, ha ha! I can really see the potential of the Weyburn branch. Last week we opened up the overflow! It was really something to see!
 
This week started off really well. We met with Hedley and Brandy and talked about prayer. Both related that they thought that they had received answers to their prayers. We could really see them beginning to be happy. At the start of the lesson they were upset, but at the end they were hopeful.
 
We also met with another family on Thursday, Lorie and Shane. They have 2 kids, Mackenzie and Chase. We've had a difficult time setting appointments with them. So our plan for the lesson was to ask what their expectations were, and really why it was that they wanted to meet with us. It was a fantastic lesson! Shane mentioned that he just wants to gain a belief. He said that he felt happy when we met with them, and he even felt happy for a little while afterwards. But then the feeling went away. He then said, "I guess that's when I should read the book." We were then able to explain the Spirit and why it is that we invite them to read, pray, and come to church. We even talked about baptism as the way for us to keep the happy feelings they have with them always. They want to be baptized, but they just don't want to rush into it. So close. We will be meeting with them tonight.
 
Hedley and Brandy and also Lorie and Shane had all said that they would be at church, but on Saturday they all had something come up and couldn't make it. It was sad, but it's just a hiccup. We were able to meet with Hedley and Brandy yesterday. They had a really rough week. They both have a bunch of questions, so we decided to devote an entire lesson just to answering their questions. Basically we talked the whole time about one question, "why is life so hard?" It's really a question that I would be shocked if they weren't wondering about. I don't feel that we were really able to answer it. And I don't think it's possible for us to answer it. It's a question that we all have to answer ourselves in order for the answer to be both lasting and satisfying. It's just hard to see someone suffering and not be able to tell them exactly why they are suffering. Only God knows. So we encouraged them to read the Book of Mormon together and pray together. I know it will help.
 
Next week is the Calgary temple dedication, so our regular church meetings are cancelled. They're cancelled province wide actually. So that should be interesting. It will be broadcast to Regina, so hopefully we get to go. I think it would be really neat.
 
I don't think that I have anything else other than that we will have a lesson at the Regnier's tonight with an investigating family in McTaggart. The Regnier's are a really strong family, so it should be a powerful lesson. Last lesson was good, so I'm looking forward to it.
 
I don't have anything else. I hope everyone has a great week. Love you all!
 
Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment