Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Life in Weyburn


So it's been pretty weird parting from Elder French. We were serving together for an eternity. The majority of the start of last week was spent packing, and for me it was spent cleaning. We met with Hedley and Brandy for Elder French's last time on Monday evening. It was pretty good. They're just so great. It's amazing to see how much they have come along in the past few months. Unfortunately, we have had to move his baptismal date back. But he still really wants to be baptized, and his new goal is the 23rd of February. We also went to the Tiefenbach's for one last time with Elder French. The Regnier's also joined us for supper. It was good to be able to spend some time with them. President Tiefenbach's a really funny guy. At one point during supper, Sister T asked him to toss something behind him on a table. He took it and just tossed it over his shoulder. Ha ha...it was just like a piece of tinfoil or something. So funny. Sister T didn't see it, but I did. And I just started laughing. So great.
 
Wednesday we had a few lessons, and then we were off to Regina. We met up with the other Saskatchewan elders that were getting transferred, and we stayed the night in Regina. Elder French left for Winnipeg on Thursday morning, and I spent the day with the Lewvan elders. It was pretty weird being in a tripan....and being in a city. I saw a few members and investigators that I met while I was in Regina, so it was good. Thursday night, the Manitoba elders made it to Regina, so I met up with Elder Christensen. We left Friday morning for Weyburn. I got to drive :) In a brand new car! Yeah it's a Chevy cruze, so I don't have to drive the girl car! It's pretty great to be able to drive. Just a little bit about Elder Christensen, turns out he's from the same town as Bart. A town in Alberta called Magrath. Elder Christensen's dad was Bart's vice principal in high school. Bart thought it was pretty funny. He said it was a good thing he wasn't too bad in high school, but he knows that office well. The branch is taking to Elder Christensen pretty well. Our investigators seem to be taking to him, too. Hedley and Brandy started right off with the teasing, so he's been initiated! He's been out a little bit longer than me. He likes sports and stuff, so we should fair alright. He's just been sick since Friday, so that puts a tamper on things. Hopefully he recovers soon.
 
This week Ashely walked to church again....and it was -40! She is really committed, but I'm a little worried about her safety. Hopefully she can become more familiar with the members, so she can be comfortable accepting a ride to church. She doesn't live to far away from the church but still.
 
I think that's about all I've got. I'm just glad that all of the traveling is finished for the near future. Traveling is really boring. It's better now that I get to drive, but I would still rather do other things. Well...I sure love ya. Have a fantastic week!
 
Love,
Elder C. Lyons
 
Hedley holding Kia, Brandy holding Sam


Gas station where they film a TV show in SK
Nacho!!
1-Hedley holding Kia, Brandy holding Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment