Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Great Year Already!!


New year's was pretty fun last week. We actually had 2 meal appointments. We went to the Regnier's at 5 and ate these South African taco things. It was a lot like Cafe Rio minus the heat (Canadians despise spicy). I really liked it because I've been missing Mexican food pretty badly. But I ate way too much. Then we went to the Abad's. They're a Filipino family in the branch. They had an absolute feast! I was so full! They even had like the whole fish with the eyes and the fins and the tail! It was Tilapia, so it was really good....well except for the first bite I took. I didn't know what to do, so I just cut into my piece and ate fins, scales, bones, and all. It wasn't fun. Sister Abad was practically in tears she was laughing so hard. Needless to say, I learned to go just for the white meat underneath all the scales and what not. After that it was much more enjoyable.
 
I got the package from the Sorpold's on Tuesday. It was really great. So much candy! I am drowning in it! But thanks :) I loved the picture Natters. That was really good. I'm afraid I didn't describe the belt, so I don't even think the one you sent is mine. Sorry about that. Don't worry about it though. The CD is great. I'm sure the BYU CD is some where in Meagan's room though. I was almost positive about that....I might be crazy though.
 
We had some pretty good lessons this week. Our lesson with Hedley and Brandy was really scrambled though. They were both really worried because Brandy lost the keys to the truck they were borrowing from a friend. So we decided to go help them look for the keys on Saturday morning. We looked for a while, and it was pretty difficult with all the snow. Brandy was even looking through the trash. She didn't like that job very much, ha ha. Finally, E. French got on his hands and knees next to the mailbox and started sweeping through the snow. Then, he found them. Brandy was very excited! Hedley was also very thankful.
 
This week we also helped a man we met tracting move a bunch of snow. He has a raised front yard, so we were removing a bunch of the snow from his lawn in front of his house in order to prevent flooding...if that makes sense. Basically we just moved a whole ton of snow! It was actually pretty fun. The guy was a bit older, and after we finished, he invited us in for hot chocolate. I was actually super sweaty because it was a nice day, only about -15 C. But it was really great hot chocolate. And his wife made some amazing chocolate cake! She sent us home with some cookies and buns, too. It was fantastic. Really nice old couple.
 
Sunday was a really good day. We met with 2 Filipino investigators in the morning before church. Sam's brother is a member back in the Philippines. He had some really good questions. Dianna also was very interested. They both came to church. The Abad's were very excited. They spoke Tagalog a bunch. It was neat. Peter and Ashley also came to church. It was a full house! It was really great to see that many investigators at church. The branch was really excited. Bart was actually conducted, so he was the first to bear his testimony. He started to talk about the missionaries, and how he was grateful for the chance he had to talk with Mom in person. He said that my siblings may appreciate that they get my room (yep that's you Meagan), but he could tell that you all really missed me. He shared that it really just hit him that I'm some one's son, and he really appreciates your willingness to loan me to the branch. Everyone laughed at the part about the room, but Bart seemed really impressed with our family. I just love this branch so much! After church Sister Regnier stopped me to tell us good job. She told me that she's been coming to more teaching appointments lately than she had on her mission! It was funny, but it's really great to feel the love and support of the branch. This branch is really full of golden people!
 
Oh one last thing before I forget: after we found the keys, Hedley invited us in for some hot chocolate. Sam tried to give me one of her lip gloss things. Brandy asked if it was the one that actually smelled good. She took a sniff and said that it was. She told us that one of the things that Sam has smells...then she paused and said, "Well....it smells like butt, is what is smells like!" I laughed so hard...oh man! I want to stay in Weyburn forever...but transfer calls are this Friday, so we'll see what happens. I love you lots! Have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder C. Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment