Sunday, December 30, 2012

12/24/12 That was fast!!


Just so you don't worry about it, I sent Dad all the details about skype and what not. It should work out.
 
This week went by extremely fast! I can't believe that it's already Christmas tomorrow! Super weird. This week was pretty difficult to set up times to meet with people because the holidays were quickly approaching. But we did manage to meet with the old couple we tracted into this summer. They were doing well, but super busy. We taught the Restoration. It was a good lesson, but they were a little overwhelmed. We might be able to meet with them again in January, but they might be busy.
 
We were also able to meet with Ashley and Peter again. But I was exhausted because we went and helped Bro Regnier out in Radville again that same day. And I also have a cold, but it was still a pretty good lesson. We mostly just talked about the purpose of scripture study and prayer. It was good.
 
It was a slow week as far as lessons go. But we were able to contact a ton of missing investigators because they were actually home. That was a plus side of the holidays. Another plus is that in general everyone that we talked to was nicer, but for the most part, the answer we got from everyone was to try back in the new year. So not very productive.
 
Yesterday, we went out carolling with the Regnier's. It was really fun. We started out at the old folks' home because Sister Regnier's mom lives there. It was pretty funny, there was this group of people playing cards, and when we walked by, I asked how this old lady was doing. She looked at me and smiled and said, "I'm doing good, but this getting old business is no fun.... Don't do it!" Pretty funny old lady. We sang to some investigators and members in town. It was pretty good.
 
So...I don't want to say this is pointless, but we will be talking tomorrow. So that's about all I've got. Love ya! Merry Christmas!
 
Love,
Elder C. Lyons
 
PS. Before I forget, I actually thought of something you could send with Bart. I have like a BYU Men's chorus CD in my old room. That would be neat. Anyways, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment